About this Event:
More than 75% of people are afraid of public speaking, and ironically, most people have to do it in some form. Providing internal and external presentations, facilitating meetings, introducing changes to teams and clients both virtually and in-person—all of these situations require effective speaking skills. Speakers@Work is designed to de-escalate that fear and boost confidence by providing these practical and immediately usable tools:
- Audience Analysis—steps for assessing the needs of the hearers
- Outlines—three basic templates to use in presenting information
- Introductions/Conclusions—tips for opening and closing a presentation
- PowerPoint – creating visually captivating slides that are succinct in narrative and the support the content
- Delivery—managing nervousness and creating a stronger speaking presence
This interactive workshop is designed for everyone who wants to take the next step in their public speaking. Each participant will practice writing and delivering a short speech. It is a safe place to experiment and has proven effective results—and it is actually fun!